You know those people who never get a blister no matter how many miles they put on their feet in cheap cotton socks and crappy shoes? The ones who don’t have to spend any of their time considering whether this shoe will rub or that sock will bunch or if their feet will need a fresh pair of dry (as in, not sweaty) socks at a certain point in their miles?
I am not one of those people.
I spend time and money on caring for my feet. Lots of it. I’m what some may call blister-prone.
Closing in on a thousand miles (!!) walked for 3 Day training again this year, and the 60 mile walk itself, and having done these same miles for the last few years, I have become somewhat of an expert in blister prevention and care, if I do say so myself.
All my secrets after the jump, with NO blistery foot pictures.
Must remember this for back-to-back half marathons and full marathon training. I see blisters in my future.
- tribander said: I stopped wearing socks…seriously. My shoes stink in the summer, but no blisters.
- lifewithkim said: Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!
- lifewithkim likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- shortmom likes this
- runelrun likes this
- lostweightgainedlove said: you are taking care of my feet for now on!
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- sunnycat likes this
- dashingdani likes this
- karladoesmotherhood said: One of the few times I got blisters was the Three Day. Brutal.
- mar-kicksass said: I get blisters a lot, too! I like Bodyglide for prevention but I have used Vaseline too in a pinch. That powder didn’t do anything for me. Thanks for the run-down! :)
- uhoh-janellio said: My comment posted on the wrong blog! Sorry!
- beckyc likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- livelaughlovehealthy likes this
- mjdoeslife said: Awesome post! Thank you for sharing your wisdom- I will definitely check out some of these solutions!
- sabbyrunsatl said: I don’t get blisters but I used to get black toe something fierce.
- dawnversion2point0 reblogged this from chrystidoeslife and added:
- missmarisol said: Thank you for not traumatizing me with pictures of feet. :)
- missmarisol likes this
- runwrite likes this
- lifechangeneededaisle3 said: Ever since my huge blister.. I never leave home without Bodyglide..
- lifechangeneededaisle3 likes this
- jbizzle329 said: The question is, can I put that spray stuff under my sports bra with body glide? I get THE WORST chaffing around the sports bra line. #TMI
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- dawnversion2point0 likes this
- chrystidoeslife posted this